Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I don't know if you know Chanel, I don't really know her, but I love her. She makes me feel better about blogging about nothing. Thank you, Chanel.


Thanksgiving is pretty crazy when you work at a bakery. It reminds me of a line in Small Time Crooks, "People are up there demanding cookies all the time." We worked last night to try to get all the Thanksgiving roll orders filled and then we baked our regular bread this morning. It's a whole lotta bread. Anyway, I started (and stopped) my Thanksgiving prep on Sunday after I cut up this loaf of bread for stuffing (sorry, Mom - I opted for the bread stuffing). I haven't done anything else since. Today is my day. I made cranberry sauce, some Outback spicy ranch dip and cut up all the veggies for my stuffing and turkey. I have pie dough chilling in the fridge and I'll be working on a pumpkin pie for Russ as soon as I'm done posting this. We are staying in Boise for Thanksgiving so it's just going to be Russ and I but I'm sort of glad because it's really my first Thanksgiving dinner. While I was still in Vegas and before we got married I cooked a turkey, you know, so I could enjoy the leftovers. I cooked the turkey with that plastic bag of all the guts still inside. Mom told me not to eat it. What a waste. This year should be better.


Have you ever seen these in your grocery store? If you have, you have to buy them! They are so good. I love it because they are so easy to peel and you don't get a lot of that gross white stuff leftover and they are seedless. All around good. Well, I think they are a little expensive but I swear they are worth it.

4 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

Okay, so I broke down and rented Small Time Crooks so now I can be one of the cool kids.

Also, you are correct; Clementines are incredible.

Patti said...

I will miss you.

Heather said...

Clementines are the best!
Totally worth the money.
We've gone through 3 bags in 1 week.

Amber said...

Yes I know Chanel & I love her too!

And that story about cooking the turkey with the guts is so funny!

We love clementines too! Even better is that the boys can peel them by themselves!

Enjoy your dinner. We will miss you guys!