Monday, November 05, 2007

I swear nothing interesting is going on here! We are so boring it is ridiculous. Every Monday I go to work and everyone asks, "hey, what did you do this weekend?" I got nothin'. One week, maybe two, no big deal but I've been there for five Mondays now and it's the same thing every time. Sad. Totally sad.

Anyway, Russell got to take a couple days off and he went hunting with his Dad. They didn't get anything. He had one day left to fill his tag and at the last minute he decided to go with a guy from work. They came home with a deer. I didn't actually see the deer. Whole. This is what my freezer looks like though. I was really worried because I've never had deer before and I cannot waste anything (cheapest person alive) so I just kept thinking about having to cook and eat all this meat that I don't like. We had some on Saturday night - I made a roast, lots of garlic - it was pretty good. Different but not bad.



Not much else going on. I got a 92 on my last Micro test which I was pretty psyched about. I bought a celebratory new set of silverware and a drawer organizer. That was fun. Russell had to go to Idaho Falls for work on Sunday and he'll be gone for a few days. It's colder there so I'm feeling a little bit bad for him right now. It is getting down to freezing temperatures at night now so it was time to pick all the tomatoes. This is what we have now. Hopefully most of them will ripen on the counter but I'm not sure. We'll be planting much earlier next year.

I started listening to Christmas music this week. I can't wait to go home and watch White Christmas. By the way Bride, I know you jacked that DVD from me...

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Caity, I really liked this post. When are you coming home? I can't stop thinking about the Great Harvest cinnamon rolls you promised to make us (well, I think you promised Mom, but I'm pretty much counting on you making them for me, too!). Oh, and I watched Small Time Crooks the week of my first surgery---I really needed some laughs. I HAVE to own that DVD. It's on my christmas list.

Amber said...

So happy for Russell! But what do you mean.......no pictures???

You can pretty much cook deer meat the same way you cook beef. It dries fast so you have to leave it a little pink. (That is advice from Brian)

Dylan Todd said...

Deer seem to be everywhere lately.

Emily said...

Girl! I'm so there with you on the Christmas music. I started about a week ago!

Patti said...

Is there deer jerky? That's a serious question.

Please ask Russ if it was a male deer or a female deer. :) Would you also ask him to get lamb next? I love lamb.

Can you make chili with it? I've never had it.

Patti said...

and CONGRATS on that test, Caity!