Thursday, February 21, 2008

Did you know that your sense of taste is most acute when you are born?

I think about this all the time when I try something that I thought I didn't like but now I like it. Take for instance what we had for dinner one night this week: Chicken Stew with Parsley Dumplings. 2 cups, 2 cups of mushrooms in it. I hate mushrooms. Or at least, I thought I hated mushrooms. Or maybe I just hated mushrooms when my tastebuds were younger. See what I mean? I think about it a lot. By the way, we decided the recipe is a keeper and I'm posting it on my recipe blog with a tiny change and a little tip.

Anyway, there was something else I was going to blog about but now I forget. Sometimes I wish I had a little notepad glued to the palm of my hand. That might make getting other (admittedly more important) things done a little difficult.

Deep thoughts around here, deep thoughts.

1 comments:

Patti said...

I reach for my Treo in the middle of the night and jot down notes to myself. Sometimes that one thing I've needed at the grocery store for a week comes to mind. Or other things like 'remember to DVR' some show. My memory isn't what it used to be . . . :)

I didn't know that about taste buds. I wonder if this is why babies scream when you nurse them when you've eaten broccoli or onions?