Saturday, February 16, 2008

Do you ever wonder if, when you are all done cleaning up the house, it's really as clean as you think it is? Do you ever wonder if, when someone else comes over to your house they think, "man, this place is a sty"?

I wonder this all the time. Friday is my new day to clean the house. I have work in the morning but that's it. So, I start in the kitchen, it's usually the place in the house that needs the most work. I do the dishes, clear off the counters, wipe down the counters and then sweep. Sweeping is what has me asking this question. I don't sweep everyday (and my New Year's resolution to do so was a total joke) but I do sweep a couple times a week, I'd say. I have a picture to insert here but I don't know if I should... Fine. You talked me into it.
There is a hairball there the size of a small rodent. Gross. I know. Anyway, before I swept this up, I wasn't thinking that my house was a total sty but after? Yes. That is what makes me wonder if other people are thinking it. What if someone was there right before I swept, when I still thought it wasn't gross. I mean, if Russell and I knew people. And they came over to our house... Do you ever wonder?

4 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

Having spent the better part of my Saturday morning helping people move out of a house that literally had me dry heaving once or twice, I can safely say that you're clean enough. A cute little Dust Bunny just isn't that gross once you've stared down a Dust Great Dane.

Yuck.

Patti said...

I wonder.

Amber said...

Brian will always start telling me stories about houses that he has been in working & that our house is NOT dirty. But yes I always wonder too. And girl I can sweep my floor two times a day and get much more than what you got there. 3 little boys are dirtier then 1 big dog!!

Anonymous said...

I think about that ALL the time... I always wonder if my house smells good or not, i get paranoid about the smell. And yes, my floor is way nastier than that little rodent you have there!