Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Things I learned when I watched The Business of Being Born:

1. Everywhere else in the world 70% of births are attended by a midwife
2. In the States it's 1%
3. Obstetricians are surgeons
4. One in three births is by cesarean section in the States

If you have Netflix, you can "watch instantly." After watching, I don't think I could be an OB nurse, for ethical reasons. Really, it's good. Watch it and then call me so we can discuss.

P.S. I got a 94 on my skills test. I'm going to be, like, the best nurse ever.

7 comments:

Patti said...

94 . . . SWEET. And you're right, you are going to be the best nurse ever.

Deep down I want you to deliver babies. Okay, not deep down. Very close to the surface I want you to deliver babies.

Anonymous said...

Good job! I am a Duke... Never want to deliver babies... all the blood and guts and stuff... nope! Sorry!

Amber said...

Good job on your test! That is awesome. And I agree with you & your mom. You are going to be the best nurse!

Papa said...

Ahhh...94! Great job, Caity. You know sentiments about all that you do.

Brooke said...

Caitlin, I would love for you to be my nurse cuz you are so brilliant.

Bride said...

94? thats it? did you even study?

Patti said...

Really really nice, Bridget