Saturday, April 19, 2008

I feel like I start every post off with an excuse. Yeah, yeah. Every one is busy, right? Okay. Great. I can skip that part from now on.

I got my letter from the State Board of Nursing so I am officially allowed to get a job as a "Nurse Apprentice." I am excited and I have a bunch of interviews coming up. Wish me luck as far as that goes.

It felt like spring was just around the corner and all of a sudden they are screaming, "SNOW" again on the news. I'm pretty tired of it - mostly because I am so psyched to get started on our garden. Russell has been working on the things he can. He made this path out of a bunch of broken chunks of concrete he found. Isn't it cool? We're planting around the outside and in the middle. Russell caught Otis a couple mornings ago laying on his side in the pile of dirt.

We took a little drive out to Nampa to get some manure for the garden and the yard. An entire truckload. Isn't it so weird that we grow our food, that we are going to eat, in another animal's poop? I can't think about that too much.

We bought another raspberry bush; these ones are Fall Gold, yellow raspberries. They are going to make the prettiest fruit tarts this summer. We also got a Huckleberry bush. Russ really wanted that one.

We're having Chicken Potpie for dinner tonight and I'm posting a recipe for Lettuce Wraps later on...

5 comments:

Patti said...

It just always seems to come up, this poop thing...

RUSSELL! That is cool.

I want that lettuce wrap recipe, Caity.

Amber said...

That path is cool for your garden.

Stacy said...

Awesome update, Caity. Miss you----and your cooking/baking.

Anonymous said...

Love the path... good job Russ. Yeah, that poop thing is kinda gross! Actually it is really gross!!

Bride said...

i think thats the coolest thing ever that russ was like "oh heres some chunks of conrete i found??" what??? totally awesome. i love making something from nothing.

im calling you in nine minutes.

i feel like typing still.

im just gonna keep typing.

just cause.

so i have an uneaten butterfinger sitting right next to me..
i really really love butterfinger bb's. like so mich better than the bar cause theyre like perfect ratio and theyre the right softness.
i know you understand this.