Today was a dang good day. Let me tell you about it. I didn't have to get up until about 9 and I stayed in bed and watched The Hills. I got up and felt motivated to clean up a little bit. I actually got a lot cleaned up and then I took a bath. I don't know what it is about The Hills, it makes me want to do my hair.
Anyway, I talked to my sister for a little while really about nothing and that was nice. Our phone call was interrupted by another. I got the job that I interviewed for as a Nurse Apprentice. Could not be a sweeter setup, let me tell you. I start that in a month. Okay, then I went to school. It was our last lab, optional but not really. We practiced IVs and injections. I know you guys think I'm a total weirdo but it was fun! When we started, I was a little nervous about Jolie giving me an injection, can you tell?
This is me giving Jolie an intradermal injection.
This is me inserting my first IV catheter. I got it on the first try and yes, behind me is a toilet seat with a bucket under it.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Posted by Caitlin at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I love that you LOVE all of that. You are going to be a GREAT nurse. Congrats on the job!
Sometimes you get lucky and have a perfect day. (Cue Legally Blonde intro music.)
I'm glad you had one. And you look cute in those photos!
You look SO cute.
I'm happy you're so excited. I would let you give me an IV, Caity.
That is awesome that you got the job....and even MORE awesome that you got the IV in on the first try. I did not have one competent nurse when I was sick---it was terrible. I'm glad you've got it down---and your patients will be too!
Oh, what do you think about LC lately? I'm feeling like I agree with Heidi for once---she should have been warmer now that Spencer is out of the picture (well, sort of). LC should have just stayed at the club and had a good time--let bygones be bygones. I'm sort of feeling for Audrina too--because I don't think LC & Lo were so nice about including her in the moving thing and the Justin Bobby thing---even though I don't like him and I'm not a fan of Audrina---or Heidi---well actually I don't really like anyone on that show but for some reason I love to watch it. I want to know what you think. Oh crap, I have to go, Isabel just yelled, "Jacob, don't PEE!"----he must have taken off his diaper. Later.
so i was telling the lady that did my nails (tammy) about how you got the job and i couldnt think of the word is said ya know a "nurse accomplice"
im an idiot.
PS your hair looks wicked good.
Congrats that is so exciting.
I hate the whole needle IV thing.....you guys do that for fun?
I forgot to mention that I think it is wonderful that you are loving learning all this stuff that truthfully would make me sick to my stomach. Nurses are the best and they never get told that they are. You are going to be awesome!
i get the chills just lookin at those pictures, do you know how strong you are to be able to do that??? SERIOUSLY! And WHAT are you INJECTING yoursleves with???? WEIRD!
Congrats on the JOB!!! YAY!!!!
And um, Im pretty sure there are OTHER composts you can use to grow your food besides animals poop- ewwwwwww!!!!!! I can't handle it.
I get sick looking at those picures! You look so into it! I am so happy for you! YOu are so lucky that you dont have the Duke blood... we are a bunch of wimps! COngrats! You are going to be an awesome nurse!
And PS... I love watching the Hills too... Team Lauren! But actually, I cant stand any of the people on there... I cannot stand Spencers flesh color beard!!
Post a Comment