Friday, May 23, 2008

Mom asked me what I was doing for the long weekend. I didn't know it was a long weekend until she said something. I went to a couple training classes this week for my new gig. I went up to my unit and talked to my boss and guess what - I start Monday. I am excited and a little bit nervous. No long weekend for me. We didn't have plans anyway (unless you consider "lay around" a plan). We have chores to do. I'm going to try to finish all my chores this afternoon because it feels so much better to sleep in on Saturday morning when you don't have all those stupid chores hanging over your head. Anyway, Russell thinks that we need to trim the bottom branches off this tree. I don't want to! Tell him these don't need to be trimmed, will you? Look how shady and lovely it looks under that tree! Don't you just want to have a picnic under there?

2 comments:

Patti said...

That's so green. Wow, so green...

And re: the tree. I'm not saying. I'm neutral like Switzerland.

Anonymous said...

That hang over reminds me of the dead palm tree leaves that use to hang over in our back yard and we use to make club houses out of them... Hey you and Russ should make a club house! That would be cool!