Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I can't believe I haven't showed you this yet. Did I happen to mention that Russell totally broke a rib at ninja practice? I didn't really think it was broken until I noticed this. The deformity. It was weird actually, because I was just learning about how bones rebuild themselves. This would be an excellent example of a callus. I will be sending this little picture to my teacher - she loves the really exaggerated examples.

Russell has been a much more willing subject as far as the camera is concerned. I've got another good one of him for later this week - one that includes his face.

6 comments:

Patti said...

um, that isn't right?

And I'm scared about the face.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Wait a minute... So, is that there forever?

Caitlin said...

It should get mostly reabsorbed (gross, huh?) but I think he'll have that bump for a while, a long while.

Candace said...

oh my gosh!

("ninja practice" still cracks me up)

Anonymous said...

that is really gross!! Russell needs to drink more milk! He has had way too many bone injuries!! I want to see the picture with his face!! Miss you guys!!

Heather said...

OUCH!
He's one tough cookie.